The Compensation unit of HR is responsible for the management of pay policies and programs for all university employees except faculty.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Pay plans;
- Job evaluation plans;
- Compensation policies and procedures;
- Wage and salary data and trends;
- Wage and salary surveys;
- Evaluating newly-created positions;
- Evaluating and auditing existing positions;
- Defending classification decisions through appeals processes;
- Serving as informational resource to university community on compensation issues
If you have a question about the pay practices for your department, you are encouraged to talk with your supervisor.