RA (Application Process) Step Two
STEP TWO: Things to Prepare BEFORE Accessing the Online RA Application
BEFORE you log in to the Online RA Application, ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE PREPARED AND READY TO UPLOAD TO OR ENTER INTO THE APPROPRIATE PLACES ON THE ONLINE RA APPLICATION.
DO NOT BEGIN THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE PREPARED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A COVER LETTER: This cover letter will explain the reasons for your interest in becoming a Resident Assistant and then briefly relate your own skills and experiences to the “Roles and Responsibilities of a Resident Assistant” (submit in .pdf or .doc or .docx format ONLY)
NOTE: If you do not know the proper format for writing a cover letter, please refer to materials posted on the Career Services Center website or contact the Career Services Center for personal assistance.
- A professional RÉSUMÉ which outlines your current educational background, work experience, and leadership experience (submit in .pdf or .doc or .docx format ONLY)
NOTE: If you do not know the proper format for writing a professional résumé, please refer to materials posted on the Career Services Center website or contact the Career Services Center for personal assistance.
- Dates and locations where you lived in on-campus housing either at Kent State University or at another college or university.
- Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester at Kent State University (may include the current semester); OR
- Minimum on-campus residency of 1 academic semester or quarter at another college or university
- The names and CORRECT e-mail addresses for each of the THREE (3) individuals who will complete an online reference form for you. E-mails will automatically be generated to the e-mail addresses you include, so it is critical that you verify these before attempting to complete the application AND that you correctly enter the e-mail addresses into the application.
The individuals you list as your THREE (3) references must include individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Applicants who currently reside ON campus must include a reference from at least one full-time KSU faculty or staff member AND at least one reference from a Residential Communities employee.
- Applicants who currently reside OFF campus must include references from at least TWO full-time KSU faculty or staff members.
- Family members and relatives MAY NOT complete the reference form for any applicant.
PRIOR to completing the Online RA Application, please contact the individuals you wish to complete a reference for you in order to:
- Verify that each person is willing and able to complete a reference for you;
- Obtain and verify the correct e-mail address for each person;
- Make each person aware that they will receive a link to complete the online reference form as soon as you submit the application; and
- Notify each person that the link to the online form will EXPIRE at the application deadline (11:30pm on FRIDAY, November, 2012) so it must be completed prior to that time.
NOTE: It is YOUR responsibility to verify that ALL references have all been completed by the application deadline.
Once you have all of these materials together, you are ready to access our online application.
Deadline for RA Application Process for 2013-2014 Academic Year:
FRIDAY, November 30, 2012 at 11:30pm.
ALL materials must be received by this day and time. This includes:
- The completed Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Professional Résumé
- Three (3) References from people who meet the STATED REQUIREMENTS
- Note, requirements are specific to if you live on campus, or if you live off campus. Read the information carefully when applying.
- If 3 references are submitted for you but they do not include references from people who meet the stated requirements, your application will be considered INCOMPLETE and will be CANCELLED after Friday, November 30, 2012 at 11:30pm.
Any applications which are not complete by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2012 AT 11:30PM will be cancelled and the applicant will not be eligible to continue any further in the RA Recruitment & Selection Process for the 2013-2014 Academic Year.
Once you have all of these materials prepared, you are ready to access the
ONLINE RA APPLICATION.